January 24, 2017 – February 21, 2017
Win the Grand Prize Swag Bag or 1 of 20 eBooks!
Okay creative types, now is your chance to name a character in my upcoming art mystery, The Anthropologist (working title), and see your own name immortalized in the book’s acknowledgements!
The entrant with the ‘best’ name wins an extremely cool Grand Prize swag bag:
- Signed paperback copies of The Lover’s Portrait and Down and Out in Kathmandu (the first two books in the Adventures of Zelda Richardson series),
- Sunflowers mug from the Van Gogh Museum gift shop,
- Bicycle-shaped bookmarks,
- Treasure Map of Amsterdam and
- Prayer Flags made in Nepal!
- In addition, you will receive TWO autographed paperback copies of The Anthropologist, as soon as it is published (expected release date November 2017)!
Name the Character: Who is She?
In The Lover’s Portrait: An Art Mystery, Zelda’s best friend Friedrich, a Swiss psychology student, had no luck with women. In The Anthropologist, he’s met the love of his life: a beautiful, caring and smart fellow psychology student. Only problem is, she hates Frederick’s female friends, including Zelda.
What is her first and last name?
Enter your answer as a comment to this post here on my blog, on my Facebook Author Page or Goodreads blog.
Only one entry per person, so make it a good one!
Even if you don’t win the ‘Name the Character’ contest, I’ve still got you covered. I’ll also randomly select TWENTY entrants to win ONE eBook copy of either The Lover’s Portrait or Down and Out in Kathmandu (winner’s choice), to be gifted to you from Amazon or Smashwords!
For those who want to win a book but don’t want to think up a character’s name, tell me the name of a country you’d like to visit and I’ll enter you in the eBook contest.
Synopsis of The Anthropologist (Adventures of Zelda Richardson, Book Three):
Zelda Richardson’s back and embroiled in another exciting art mystery! This time she’s working at the Tropenmuseum on an exhibition of bis poles from the Asmat region of Papua New Guinea, the same area where a famous American anthropologist disappeared in 1965. When his journals are found inside one of the bis poles, Zelda’s tasked with finding out more about the man’s last days and his connection to these ritual objects.
Zelda finds herself pulled into a world of shady anthropologists, missionaries, art collectors, gallery owners and smugglers, where the only thing that is certain, is that the sins of the past are never fully erased.
Join Zelda on her next quest as she grapples with the anthropologist’s mysterious disappearance fifty years earlier, and a present-day murderer who will do everything to prevent her from discovering the truth. Art, religion and anthropology collide in my upcoming art mystery thriller, book three of the Adventures of Zelda Richardson series! Expected release date November 2017.
Thanks for playing and have fun!
Please like my Facebook page, follow me on Twitter or sign up to receive notifications of new blog posts here on my website (the sign up form is in the right-hand sidebar). That way, you’ll know immediately if you won a prize! This is not required, but greatly appreciated.
Rules to keep it fun (by entering this contest you agree to the following):
- Only one entry per person. Enter by commenting on the ‘Mega Giveaway post’ on my Facebook Author’s Page, Goodreads blog or website’s blog.
- Contest closes at on February 21, 2017 at midnight EST.
- You must be 18 years or older to participate.
- Anyone in the world is welcome to play (no country restrictions).
- Once I’ve assigned your entry a number, your response cannot be changed.
- No obscene, erotic or hateful names. Any inappropriate entries will be deleted and the entrant banned from re-entering.
- Prizes cannot be exchanged for money or any other form of compensation.
- I have the right to use the chosen character name freely. The winner does not retain any rights of any kind, in association with the use of the character’s name, physical description or nationality. The winner will not be compensated for its use in any way, other than the aforementioned Grand Prize. This is for fun, not profit!
- I will personally choose the winner of the Grand Prize, based on the character name I think is best.
- The Grand Prize winner agrees to allow me use their full name in the Acknowledgements of The Anthropologist (working title) and their first name in promotional social media posts.
- In order to select the 20 winners of a single eBook, I will assign each entry a unique number during the contest. The day after the contest closes, I will use a random number generator to choose the 20 winners.
- Winners of all prizes will be contacted via the email address or Facebook username they used to enter.
- The Grand Prize winner’s Swag Bag will be mailed via standard delivery from Amsterdam, the Netherlands to the winner within three days of confirming his or her postal address.
- The 20 eBook winners will be asked to choose ONE eBook (either The Lover’s Portrait or Down and Out in Kathmandu) to be gifted to them via Amazon or Smashwords (compatible with Kobo, Apple, Nook, Android, Sony and Kindle readers).
- Prizes not claimed by April 4, 2017 will no longer be awarded. Be sure to check your email and FB messenger accounts on February 22th to see if you’ve won!
Synopsis of The Lover’s Portrait (Adventures of Zelda Richardson, Book Two):
When a homosexual Dutch art dealer hides the stock from his gallery – rather than turn it over to his Nazi blackmailer – he pays with his life, leaving a treasure trove of modern masterpieces buried somewhere in Amsterdam, presumably lost forever. That is, until American art history student Zelda Richardson sticks her nose in. Read an excerpt now on Amazon.
Synopsis of Down and Out in Kathmandu (Adventures of Zelda Richardson, Book One):
An idealistic backpacker volunteering as an English teacher in Nepal finds herself entangled with an international gang of smugglers whose Thai leader believes she’s stolen their diamonds. Read an excerpt now on Amazon.